Wednesday, March 5, 2008

fun with fonts: the evolution of handwriting

I found this delightful video on Ralf Herrmann's Typography Weblog. It's a great piece on the personal evolution of handwriting and letter creation. I love how the little boy is obviously taking cues from his older brother, adding flourishes and mimicking the shapes of the letters.

Honestly, I find this video almost hypnotic. Job (the older brother) does lovely brushwork, and the slightly sped-up aspect of the video really makes the process flow. Makes me want to get out some paper, ink and big brushes, and make me a mess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

informational and much charming blog which associated with me more.Spend a worthful time.Good work author.keep reviving more.
Online Tax Services
Tax Professional
Online Tax Preparation
Income Tax Preparation